First things first, welcome! You’ve found the home of my nascent podcast, Ordinary Times. I hear you thinking (that’s right, I read [my own] thoughts), “what’s this thing, when’s it coming, what will it be about, where are you, why am I here?”
Whoa, imaginary person, slow down. Let’s break down that load of questions into its component parts.
- What’s this thing? This “thing,” as you put it, is a podcast produced by moi, Shanna, wherein I talk to my ordinary, but completely amazing friends about life, the Church, motherhood, hobbies, and other domestical stuff.
- When’s it coming? I am hard at work getting all of the behind-the-scenes biznaz done and will launch the first full episode the week of June 12th. I am also putting together a short lil’ preview episode that will function kinda like this post, but with more auditory output. Expect that to launch into the inter-ether by Friday, May 26th.
- What will it be about? So I kinda addressed the answer to this in the first question. It’s about family life and work and the Church and womanhood and motherhood. It’s about community and conversation. And given the nature of this post, it may be occasionally silly.
- Where are you? Well, in one sense, I’m sitting here at my computer in the dining room listening to my four year old sing a made-up song as the two year old BANGS on the piano. (This may account for the harried nature of this post.) In another sense. I’m living and talking up in Texas. The suburbs of Austin to be more specific. And don’t try to triangulate my precise location from that because I bet you could given how stinking loud the BANGING is.
- Why am I here? Ah, also a multi-faceted question. In one sense you may be here because you’ve heard about the podcast and are interested in getting more information. But the bigger question of why you’re here, like on Earth, is better handled by professionals who aren’t addicted to all sorts of parenthetical phrases. (see above. oh, and here.)
Since you’ve ventured all the way to this blog and such, could you please do me the lovely favor of continuing to check in here or on my other outlets so you keep up-to-date on all of the Ordinary Times news.